Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lamp Love

I finally did something with all of the not-so-pretty brassy-ness that was going on in my living room.
I knew when I bought these two brass lamps at my local Salvation Army that I would paint them one day. This Sassy Brassy Pair have been sitting in my living room in all their shiny glory for a few months now!

I first thought I would go with a blue after seeing this lamp that I had pinned.
Z Gallerie
But after turning this lamp on and off every day at work, I fell in love with the green! (I absolutely love green everything).
This was a wooden lamp that I had spray painted a few months back. I decided I would spray paint these brass lamps the same color- RustOleum Painter's Touch in Eden.
First I taped off the light bulb socket and the cord with painter's tape. I started by priming with a gray primer spray paint to help all of the paint stick to the brass lamp.
I sprayed two thin and even coats of primer and about three thin and even coats of the green spray paint.(My pictures are stuck in my camera and I can't find the cord...) I added white drum shades from Target to finish it off. I may add a fabric to the shades later. I haven't decided yet... 
Now just to decide on the color of this soon-to-be wine bar...
Can you tell what color I am leaning towards? (It is reading a little brighter in this light?)

Hopefully this next step will be done soon! What do you think of the peacock color?
Tip Junkie handmade projectsThe Shabby Nest

2 comments:

  1. Loving your painted lamps~ what a great idea! Would love if you would come share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a serious funky-lamp addiction, and this one is great! I'm surprised how awesome a typical-looking brass lamp transforms with a little green paint. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips