Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Recipe {Pizzelle}

One of my favorite Christmas treats are pizzelles. Pizzelles are a light, crisp, flat, waffle-like cookie. My family made them every Christmas growing up for friends and family and we made plenty of extra to have at home for us.
 This recipe is a simple 'Italian Pizzelles' recipe. You can take this basic recipe and make variations for other yummy options.
NOTE: Do not use more than 1/2 cup of butter and do not use oil as a substitute
Beat eggs and sugar. Add cooled melted butter or margarine, and vanilla and anise (we have always used anise seeds and crush them into a powder before mixing in). Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture.

There are quite a few options out there for pizzelle makers. These are very similar to a waffle maker. The batter will be thick enough to be dropped by a spoon, but I have heard that if you place batter in a large ziploc and snip a corner out and squeeze the batter out, it isn't as messy. I will have to give this a try! 

This recipe will make about 30 pizzelles and the batter can be refrigerated to be used at a later time. 

I have a pizzelle maker on my Christmas list this year! I sure hope Santa knows! Until then, I have borrowed my moms and hopefully will get to making lots of pizzelles soon!

Enjoy!!

Linking Up With:
Holiday

3 comments:

  1. My mom and I made christmas cookies last weekend, and we were talking about how my grandpa made these every year. They are so good! We need to dig out her pizelle maker and give it a whirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look super yummy for the holidays...anything light and fluffy especially! Thanks so much for linking up Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips