Wednesday, October 24, 2012

{31 Days} Chalkboard Coffee Mugs

Note:  Due to some unforeseen family illnesses, I am having to play catch-up on my 31 days challenge! Thank you for reading!

Day 12: Chalkboard Coffee Mugs


These chalkboard mugs have been a favorite pin of mine for a while. Earlier this year one of the local thrift stores had a moving sale and I stocked up on a few white coffee mugs (some that I used for this project) for only 10 cents each- including these four Crate and Barrel coffee mugs that looked so similar to my inspiration mugs!

I cheated a little bit for my chalkboard mugs. I didn't want to take a trip to the store for the "porcelain" chalkboard paint. I had a can of chalkboard paint made for furniture and walls- so that is what I used. I taped off the top half of the mugs and brushed on three coats of the chalkboard paint on the bottom half.

After I removed the tape, I let the chalkboard paint dry a full 24 hours before writing on the mugs. Because I did not use the porcelain paint, I did not bake the mugs. I didn't know what might happen so I decided it was best to just not do it!
I plan to use these mugs occasionally and only hand wash them. I hope they hold up well. So far so good!!

12 down! 19 to go!!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips