Friday, November 9, 2012

{Date Night} October

Continuing on through our date basket, David and I went on our October date a couple of weeks ago.  Our city's parks department hosts Movies in the Park and plays favorite movies each Thursday night in April and October. This year we decided to go to the annual Halloween showing of our hometown thriller- The Town That Dreaded Sundown.

In the envelope I included the info sheet describing the date and some of our favorite candies to snack on.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown is a movie loosely based on a true story about unsolved murder mystery cases in the Texarkana area- including Spring Lake Park- back in 1946. The "Phantom Killer" murdered five people over the course of a couple of months and had the town of Texarkana in fear of who would be lurking around outside after the sun went down. The Phantom Killer was never identified and could still be out there today!! buhahaha.....


It was my first time to see the movie. I was a little scared-y cat and thought the idea of watching this movie in the same park where some of the murders occurred was just a little too much for me! But it wasn't as scary as I first thought. 
sorry for the grainy iphone photo!
The annual showing is a big event and there was a great turnout this year. We sat out our lawn chairs, bundled up and enjoyed the movie.


To anyone thinking of creating a Date Basket- David and I have really enjoyed our dates! We are kind of sad that we only have two more left but hope that we can keep the dates up even after we move to Africa!! Has anyone come up with any fun dates of your own? I would love to hear!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I must have missed the announcement about moving to Africa! Wow! That's huge. I'm off to go read more about that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips